Publishing Notes and Data Protection Information
– Virtual Materials Market Place (VIMMP) –
As the party responsible for the data processing (controller), we process the personal data collected via our website and store them for the period, which is required to achieve the specified purpose and to comply with the statutory requirements. When using this website, your personal data will be processed by us as the data controller and stored for as long as is necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes specified and statutory requirements. Below, we will provide information about which data this involves, how it will be processed and to which rights you are entitled to in this regard.Pursuant to Article 4 No. 1 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), personal data are all data referring to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- Scope of this Agreement
This data protection information shall apply to the project website located at vimmp.eu and providing we refer to this data protection information.
- Usage Rights
All rights reserved by the respective owner.
Permission is granted to download or print material published on this site for personal use only. Its use for any other purpose, and in particular its commercial use or distribution, are strictly forbidden in the absence of prior written approval.
Notwithstanding this requirement, material may be downloaded or printed for use in connection with press reports on the activities of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft and its constituent institutes, on condition that the following terms are complied with:
No alterations may be made to pictorial content, with the exception of framing modifications to emphasize the central motif. The source must be quoted and two free reference copies must be sent to the above-mentioned address. Such usage is free of charge.
We cannot assume any liability for the content of external pages. Solely the operators of those linked pages are responsible for their content.
We make every reasonable effort to ensure that the content of this Web site is kept up to date, and that it is accurate and complete. Nevertheless, the possibility of errors cannot be entirely ruled out. We do not give any warranty in respect of the timeliness, accuracy or completeness of material published on this Web site, and disclaim all liability for (material or non-material) loss or damage incurred by third parties arising from the use of content obtained from the Web site.
Registered trademarks and proprietary names, and copyrighted text and images, are not generally indicated as such on our Web pages. But the absence of such indications in no way implies that these names, images or text belong to the public domain in the context of trademark or copyright law.
- Name and contact information of the person who signs responsible for processing and the appointed data security officer
This data protection information is applicable to data processing on the [https://www.vimmp.eu] by the controller as defined in Article 4 No. 7 GDPR:
zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V. [Fraunhofer Society for the Advancement of Applied Research]
Hansastraße 27 c,
80686 München [Munich, Bavaria, Germany]
(hereinafter referred to as „Fraunhofer“)
On behalf of Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Technology and Advanced Materials IFAM
Wiener Strasse 12
28359 Bremen, Germany
Phone: +49 421 2246-0
Fax: +49 421 2246-300
(hereinafter referred to as “Fraunhofer IFAM”)
You can reach the data protection representative of the Fraunhofer Institute at the above-mentioned address, c/o Data Protection Officer or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to contact the data protection officer directly at any time with your questions concerning your data protection rights and/or your rights as affected person.
In case you have any questions about data protection law or your rights as the data subject, you may directly contact our Data Protection Officer.
- Processing personal data and purpose of processing
You may access our website without having to disclose any details of your identity. What the browser on your terminal device does automatically is only to send information to the server of our website (e.g. browser type and version, date and time of access) so as to allow a connection with the website. This also includes the IP address of your requesting terminal device. It is temporarily stored in a so-called log file and automatically deleted after 4 days:
The IP address is processed for technical and administrative purposes regarding connection set-up and stability, to guarantee the security and functioning of our website and to be able to track any illegal attacks on the website, if required.
The legal basis for processing the IP address is the first sentence of point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR. Our legitimate interest ensues from said security interest and the necessity of the unobstructed availability of our website.
Cookies contain information resulting from connection with the specific terminal device used. However, this does not mean that we have immediate knowledge of your identity.
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the purposes mentioned with due regard of our legitimate interest pursuant to the first sentence of point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you may configure your browser so that cookies are not stored on your computer or that you are always notified before a new cookie is created. The complete disabling of cookies, however, may lead to your not being able to use all functions of our website.
- Rights of the data subject
You have the right
- pursuant to Article 7(3) GDPR, to withdraw the consent given to us at any time. This means that in future we may no longer continue to process the data as based on this consent;
- pursuant to Article 15 GDPR, to obtain information about your personal data processed by us. More particularly, you may obtain information about the purpose of processing, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients, to whom your data has been or is disclosed to, the storage period planned, the existence of a right to request from the controller rectification , erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the source of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as about the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, significant information about its details;
- pursuant to Article 16 GDPR, to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data without undue delay or the completion of your personal data stored with us;
- pursuant to Article 17 GDPR, to obtain the erasure of your personal data stored with us unless processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation , for reasons of public interest, or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, to obtain the restriction of the processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful but you deny its erasure and we no longer need the data while you still require it for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims or if you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Article 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to obtain the transmission to another data controller and
- pursuant to Article 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. For this, you may normally contact the supervisory authority of your habitual residence or workplace or our company headquarters.
Information on your Right of Objections according to Article 21 GDPR
You have the right to object, on grounds relating from your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal data, which is based on point (e) of Article 6(1) GDPR (data processing for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest) and on point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR (data processing for the purposes of the legitimate interests); this is also applicable to profiling pursuant to Article 4(4) GDPR based on this regulation.
If you file an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. If your objection is directed against the processing of data for the purpose of direct marketing, we will stop the processing immediately. In this case, citing a special situation is not necessary. This is also applicable to profiling, insofar as it is related to such direct marketing.
If you wish to make use of your right to object, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Data Security
All your personal data is transferred in an encoded manner using the widely used and secure TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption standard. TLS is a secure and proven standard that is also used for online banking, for instance. You will recognise a secure TLS connection by the additional s after http (i.e., https://..) in the address bar of your browser or from the lock icon in the lower part of your browser, among other things.
Besides, we use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously being improved as the technology advances.
- Timeliness and Amendments to this Data Protection Information
This data protection information as amended in 01.01.2019 is currently applicable.
It may become necessary to change this data protection information due to the further development of our website and its offers or on account of amended legal or official requirements.